Saturday, August 18, 2007

Peptobismol Dreams

I’ve noticed that people in my village are addicted to over-the-counter medicine. It really doesn’t matter if they’re sick or not. They need it. It also doesn’t matter what kind of medicine they ask for. They’ll take anything, especially if it’s free. Most people use the sore back excuse until I tell them I don’t have anything for that. Then they ask what I do have and suddenly they have stomach issues. Truthfully I think they love the taste of my Peptobismol. It’s the closest thing to candy that they’re going to get. Thank God I don’t have any of that delicious candy coated Advil.

What’s that? Sore fingers? Here, have a nice and tasty cough drop- It’s cherry……

2 Comments:

At 11/14/2007 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

should i send you bags of cough drops? I still never found out if you got the bags of cookies

*jessie

 
At 3/01/2009 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good writing. truth is, they probably really do have every ailment you have medicine for, it's just a matter of priority

 

Post a Comment

<< Home