Sunday, October 09, 2005

Philly

i have been in Africa for about two weeks now, though it seems like it has been months. i have ,met so many new people and it feels like i have known them for many years. I left my family and friends on 09/25/2005. Though from the moment I landed in Philly I knew that this was going to be one hell of a ride. When I finqlly got settled in at the Sheraton in Philly, I met my first couple of friends, Jane and Kari. Both of these ghirls are total sweethearts in my book. We all met in the hotel conference room, all 42 of us. We played an ice breaker game in which we all received a paper with 42 "fun facts" and we were supposed to walk and meet people and guess their fact. Of course my fun fact was boring...."Comes from the HAKEYE STATE". I guess its a huge deal that i'm from iowa. Im the official agricultural genious since of course i live on a farm and harvest corn on my spare time. Staging in Philly was really boring. Though they did give us $160 to throw away on two days worth of beer and bad food. At least it was a great time to get to know everyone. A few beers seems to open everyone up.
 
After our two days in Philly, we got ona bus going to JFK airport in NY. It was my first time in NY so its finqally out of my system. It wasnt anything special, so i dont plan on going there anytiome soon. I accidently overpacked for my African Safari. I had to make a few changes with my bags in the tyerminal. Instead of paying an extra $125 to check a third bag, I stuffed everything I could fit in 3 bags...in 2 bags. Houdini would be proud. I actually ended up throwing away a perfectly good suitcase. I just left it in the middle of the terminal. I bet Homeland Security was happy about that one. I had an estimated time of about 3 minutes to repack my bags. Guess what? I almost had my first anxiety attack, but at least i saved $125 on my car insurance. Visit Geico.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home