Sunday, October 09, 2005

Senegal 5 0

The first day in Thies(chie ez/ Tea ez) I introduced myself to the local policemen thqt guarded the compound. These guys are tough SOBs. Every day four new guards come to the compound to increase our security. They get a small area at the compound in which they must all stay for a straight 24 hours at a time. They take shifts to sleep and eat but they usually just sit and chill the day away. I had the honor of being the first American to go hang out with them. We had lots of down time the first few days in Thies, so I spent most of my day and night talking and of course drinking tea. We drank tea 9 times every hour. I promise you, I didnt sleep the first two days I was in Senegal. I had to learn how to get use to tea here.

The Senegalese are very funny people. They are always smiling; always joking. I tend to be the same way so I fit in very nice here. Well, the four guys i met are named Papa Alioune Faye, Mamadou Lamine Ciss, Pape Sy MBaye[my new Pulaar kin], and Papa Laye Diop. They gave me phone numbers so Î plan on calling them soon. They were all pretty cool dudes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home