Saturday, February 11, 2006

Obligation

I fell obligated to write something, but I just cant think of anything to write about. Tomorrow im on my way back to Thies. Thats pretty exciting, right? For the next three weeks ill be able to ,check my email whenever I want. Thats a blessing here. Africa is exactly what you think it is, its Africa. Now I dont mean to be negative but someone has to say it. Though to be 100% fair, Senegal isnt really Africa. Picture 1800s Western America living in the 1980s. Theres a lot of sand. There hardly any electricity. The industrialized world is ALMOST here. And everyone wears our leftover clothes from the "Footloose" era. But I cant complain. I love the clothes here. Theyre cheap. And my village doesnt count, because everyone has solar powered everything, including me. Its the best investment that Ive never paid for. Except for just about everything I own back home. Well, im a ramblin man. And to think that i had nothing to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home