Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving

Ok folks. Its about that time of year that we would all get together for a huge feast and celebrate friends and family. I'm sorry I cannot be there in person, but believe me when I say that I'm there in spirit. Before I left for Africa we had Thanksgiving at my house. It was a bit early, but it was nice. Matt and Dawn came from Wisconsin. Kristen came from Indiana. It was a nice early Thanksgiving. We actually organized a little get together here for all 40 of us plus all of our trainers and staff. Me ane my good friend Peter, the "Grill Master", ended up grilling 15 chickens for the feast. They have turkey here and the two of us looked for over three hours for one, but turkey is expensive. My neighbor was willing to seel us theirs for only 15,000 FCFA, which turns out to be about 30 bucks. So we ate chicken instead. It was equally amazing. I wish I could celebrate with you all stateside, but its my own decision not to be there. I promise we'll all sit down together soon. Maybe in a few years. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home