Thursday, November 17, 2005

Wanna play with my monkey?

Today I met two young men from my village, Bobacar and Mamadou. They're freaking awesome. They were describing the village to me in Seereer and it sounds amazing. The nake is Bobougar MAlik Ndiaye. If you look on a map online, its near a town called SOKONE. Its near the Atlantic Ocean about 10-15 miles away, though in between the ocean and the village there is a series of twists and turns formed by rivers. But I live near a lazy river where I can go out a swim without the fear of being eaten by snakes or crocs. THERE ARE SNAKES AND CROCODILES NEAR ME. Whats most important are the monkeys. I have yet seen a monkey here in Senegal, but I live inside a national park with many tropical birds (pelicans, flamingos, etc..), tropical animals, and monkeys. I guess there are monkeys just hanging out, chillin on the side of the road. Oh, if you could only imagine...Me and my pet monkey. The men in my village all like to fish and they have boats. So Im going to spend the next few months trying to convince my village to build me my own boat. I can hire a few monkeys to service my new boat and save the angry/evil ones to stand guard. I think im set for the next two years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home