Sunday, April 02, 2006

ENL

Everyone here wants to come to America. Only problem is that nobody here can speak English well enough to live there. I live about 30-45 minutes away from The Gambia, a country inside of Senegal. Its official national language is of course English. You would think that being so close to the border, someone would be able to speak it. I have found that someone!!!! And on that note, I give you a love note I found in the Cyber Cafe here a few months ago. This note is from a Senegalese man to an American girl. (Please stay with me on this one. Ive been away for a long long time, so my sense of humor has changed drastically. I think this is hillarious)

" I have much pleasure to read you again on the net. Now I see you are decider and you have perhaps many plans which we'll shared. I saw yours pictures very nice and you are a very beautiful girl. I love you and yours pictures. Now I reply with the mines photo. Now you can see a photo only for you because I took you . I havent a boyfriend neither a girlfriend who I want to share love. Im so free and Ill be so pleased to meet a woman which is loved me like you.
Im late for my reply because it is a long time I werent gone to the net and Im preparing my first semester exam for this week. Im sorry. Apologize me! Now I want to know all to you for love and life, plan or other. Me, I havent a lot of money but Im trying my ideas and practices and my love. Ill you said all to me. Im wanting you. Now, can you say me what name I could you call? My love, my heart, my girlfriend? Thanks "

I know it is "perfect" but he has a chance on making it. This note even aspired me to want to start teaching ENL, Enlish as a Ninth Language. They all speak a minimum of 8. Why not add another? My best of luck to that guy and his new American girlfriend.

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 2:02 PM, Blogger Jake and Emily said...

This cracks me up tremendously - aside from the fact that it was difficult to read, it was quite entertaining.

I was wondering where they heck you've been! I know, I'm an AWFUL friend & haven't mailed, but please know I think about you ALL THE TIME! :)

We send lots of internet love to you...what can I call you now? My internet love friend in Africa? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home