Friday, October 06, 2006

I LOVE JESUS

 Its here again, that one crazy month when my village hates everything and EVERYONE. Ramadan is a very special time. Its the month when all the worlds Muslims come together and help decrease the worlds violent consumption of raw materials....but only during daylight hours. AKA, They dont consume anything. AKA, they dont eat or drink or smoke. AKA, thank God I LOVE JESUS!!!!!!!  Hallelujah Brotha!!!! MMMMMHMMMM!!!!
 
 I wrote about Ramadan last year, but I only participated once. I promise you that was the most difficult 12 hours of my life. Now that Ive been eating their food for a year, I can somewhat say that I enjoy the idea of not eating. I have only fasted for a few days this year. I figure what the hell, I still have the WHOLE month of October NOT to eat anything. That still gives me a while.

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

4 Comments:

At 10/11/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't stop eating completely! They'll be nothing left of you by the time you come home!

 
At 10/17/2006 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a whim, I thought I would have a look at some PC Senegal blogs, since I was a PCV in the early 90's near the town of Passy. By far, yours is the most entertaining Ive seen, and to have a sense of humor out there goes a long way. And those damn amoebas (diag as Giardia) were still in my system for about 2 years after service. Good luck and dont work too hard.

 
At 10/28/2006 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pauly- Is it legal to SEND you cookies? Because if it is- then I will send you a huge ass box of them. B/c that way, your teeth would rot, but since you've lived through malaria, I think you could handle buying new teeth!
** Jessie

 
At 11/01/2006 10:09 AM, Blogger Jake and Emily said...

Pauly,

I thought of you the other day when I was donating blood. If I have "sexual contact" with you, they'll ban me from donating blood! Does "sexual contact" include touching boobies? I MISS YOU! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home