Monday, October 02, 2006

Are You Experienced?

 I just had two upstanding young gentlemen visit me in (BMN) Bambougar Malick Ndiaye. The new prisoners have arrived. There are 52 or so new volunteers slaving away exactly like I had to do a year ago. Good for them. Training'll put hair on their chests. Im serious. Peace Corps really does support the HWC, Hairy Women Coalition. WTF.
 
So yeah, I had two guys come visit me in the village. Brett and Mark seemed to like where I live more than I do. But I remember being that excited when I got here. Im not trying to be negative or down. I really do love where I live. My village rocks. Im just over the whole, WOW THIS IS AMAZING kind of attitude they both seemed to have towards BMN. I got use to the people and the BS and now Im just part of the community. That now means Im just your average poor African. I even forget Im white sometimes until I see myself in the mirror 8 days later.
 
Though Im glad I got to host these two for a week. It was fun and really showed me how much Ive learned in the last year. I feel experienced!
 

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home